Using the internet can be great fun and it can help you to learn and discover lots of things, but it is very important to stay safe when you are online. This part of the website is all about how you can be careful when you go on the internet and make sure you stay safe. When you register with our website you agree to follow our house rules. You can read a copy of these at the bottom of this page.
Using our website safely
When you create a profile on our website you get to choose a screen name created for you by our name generator. This is part of the registration process. This means you will not be identified by your real name when using our website.
You can choose your avatar from one of twenty on our website. You cannot upload a photograph of yourself to use as an avatar.
You cannot send messages directly to other users but there are places you can leave comments around the website. If you spot a comment that makes you feel uncomfortable click on the red flag next to the comment to alert us and we’ll remove it. If you click the flag three times the comment will automatically disappear.
Before uploading any content to your online nature diary please read our hints and tips about what type of content is not acceptable. Uploading content and links that are not acceptable will result in deletion of your profile.
If you are unsure of anything please speak to a parent or guardian. You can also contact us at
If you want more information about using the internet safely this is a good website: www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Choose.net have a great guide on their website about parental control software, and how to keep children safe online.
Remember that we cannot be held responsible for the content of any external websites so be careful when leaving the Wildlife Watch website. You can read our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Stay safe and have fun!
- I understand that all kinds of young people will meet here and that I should treat all users with respect.
- When I register my details, I solemnly declare that all the information is truthful, like my name, age and email address.
- If I find another person's comment offensive or risky, I will report it by clicking the 'flag this comment' link next to it. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will stay safe and not give out personal information such as my full name, address, mobile number, email address, the names of my parents, my school name and location and my friends' full names. I understand that if I do give this out people can use this information to contact me.
- I will not arrange to meet up with people I meet online or put anyone at risk by saying where they hang out.
- I will not give out my website password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
- If I write anything offensive on the site, I accept that my profile will be deleted.